You can no longer order your books for pickup, but you can still order them for home delivery with a 5% discount!
Together with Smartbooks, T.W.I.S.T. organises a biannual book sale. As a T.W.I.S.T. member, you can purchase all mandatory study books for the BA Linguistics with a 10-15 percent discount! After the order deadline (usually September 1st for the first semester and February 1st for the second semester), you can still order your books through Smartbooks for a 5 percent discount.
The book store’s website can be a weird mix of English and Dutch, so we made you a little tutorial on how to order your books. It works as follows:
- In the weeks leading up to the new semester, visit twist.smartbooks.nl.
- Click Order, then the year for which you want to order books.
- Select the books you want to order, then click Order.
- You’ll be asked to log in. If you don’t have an account on the Smartbooks website yet, click Register.
- During the registration process, you’ll be asked whether you want the books to be delivered to your house or want to pick them up. You can still change this option when placing an order.
- Once you’re logged in and done adding books to your shopping cart, click Send to have your order delivered to your house, or Pick up Students Union to pick them up. If you choose the pick-up option, you’ll be able to pick up the books at a university building near the start of the new semester — we’ll keep you up-to-date!
- You’ll see an overview of your order. If it looks okay, click Place order.
If you run into any issues while ordering your books, feel free to contact the board!