Together with VU Boekhandel, T.W.I.S.T. organises a biannual book sale. As a T.W.I.S.T. member, you can purchase all your mandatory study books with a 10-15 percent discount! After the order deadline (usually September 1st for the first semester and February 1st for the second semester), you can still order your books through VU Boekhandel for a 5 percent discount.
The book store’s website can be a weird mix of English and Dutch, so we made you a little tutorial on how to order your books. It works as follows:
- In the weeks leading up to the new semester, visit twist.vuboekhandel.nl.
- Click Order at the top of the page, then Bachelor Taalwetenschap and the year for which you want to order books.
- Select the books you want to order, then click on Bestellen.
- You’ll be asked to log in. If you don’t have an account on the VU Boekhandel website yet, click Register.
- Once you’re logged in and done adding books to your shopping cart, click Opsturen. You’ll see an overview of your order. If it looks okay, click Bevestigen en betalen. The books will be delivered to your doorstep in a few days!
If you run into any issues while ordering your books, feel free to contact the board!